By now, you should have FOUR (4) of each of the SIX (6) blocks that were displayed and designed in December 2010. Now, we finish the quilt!
Cutting Instructions for the Sashing, Borders & Binding:
- Cut FIFTEEN (15) Gold 2 1/2″ squares.
- Cut THIRTY EIGHT (38) Red 2 1/2″ x 10 1/2″ strips.
- Cut FOUR (4) Gold 5 1/2″ squares.
- Cut TWO (2) 5 1/2″ x 70 1/2″ strips.
- Cut TWO (2) 5 1/2″ x 46 1/2″ strips.
- Cut enough Red 2 1/2″ strips to sew together to make your binding that will go around your finished quilt top.
Putting Your Quilt Top Together:
- Start in the third row. First, sew one of the red strips to one side of the block:
- Then, sew the Gold 2 1/2″ squares to the ends of TWO (2) other Red strips:
- Sew TWO (2) of the Gold strips to the end of ONE (1) red strip:
- Now sew a Gold/Red strip to one side of the block you sewed the first Red strip to:
- Then sew the next strip to the next side of the same block:
- To finish this block, sew the final Gold/Red/Gold strip to the block:
- Continue sewing the rows of blocks as shown below, until you have a full row of each block:
- Repeat the same process until you have all SIX (6) rows sewn, then sew them together:
- Now, repeat the same process starting with #1 above, except with your border fabrics. Here is an image of your final quilt top! Just create your quilt sandwich, quilt it and bind it. Be sure to give it to someone who will love the quilted love you’ve put into it!
And thank you for your quilted heart and patience!