“Jelly Roll Posies for Baby” Free Quilt Pattern designed by Cindy Carter from Carter Quilter
“Petunia Strings by the River” Free Quilt Pattern designed by Connie Kresin Campbell from Connie Kresin
“Etchings Quilt” Free Quilt Pattern designed by Andrea Harris from Moda Bakeshop
“Double Hourglass ” Free Quilt Pattern designed by Allison from Cluck Cluck Sew
Since our four children are now all teenagers (yes, feel free to pray for us having to deal with four teenagers in the house!) and I have my own MS health issues, we have decided to downsize our Easter decorations. I am not going to decorate the house with all of the stuffed bunnies and eggs, I am not going to get the baskets out early and I am not going to stuff plastic eggs anymore. So, I wanted a quick and easy Easter craft that would brighten up our living room with the pastels of the season. Introducing my (very simple) Easter Egg & Fabric Swag Craft:
This is the list of supplies you will need:
1) Cut your jelly roll scraps in half, ending up with 1 1/4″ strips.
2) Cut each strip to 10″ in length.
3) Cut a strip of string to your own specifications. Tie one end of your string with an over-and-under knot.
4) Thread your needle with the string.
5) Fold each 1 1/4″ x 10″ strip in half.
6) Sew the very top of the strip loosely with your string, then push it down on the string.
7) Continue sewing your strips to the string until you have used up all of your fabric strips and your string is full.
8) Hang your string of fabric up to make sure you have enough fabric on the strips.
9) Now it is time to string up your plastic eggs!
10) Cut enough strings for the number of eggs you have.
11) Using a needle and the string for your eggs, use your needle to ‘sew’ the eggs to the strings.
12) Now you are ready to tie your eggs to your fabric swag!
That’s all it takes! I finished this craft within an hour, so you should be able to do so, too!
Hope you’ve enjoy making this Easter Egg & Fabric craft as much as I did! It is now an Easter swag that our family can enjoy throughout the rest of Easter!